Also, see: What’s running on my cloud server?.
Here’s a list of things that are running on my Raspberry Pi:
- A Samba file-server on a 5 TB encrypted hard-drive.
- A Jellyfin media server, primarily to act as a frontend for our photos. (I used to run Plex earlier but don’t anymore because of its closed-source nature.)
- A Tailscale daemon that allows me to connect to the Pi, and the services running on it like the above, when I am away from home.
- An alternative would have been to run something like PiVPN on the Pi and allow port forwarding on my router. However, Tailscale seems way more straightforward.
- A daemon that uses Restic to backup data once a day.
Ideas for future: