- Find the installable:
- Router name: Archer C7 v2 AC 1750.
- While searching for OpenWRT firmware, I had to look for a US specific one (which had
-us in its name) and shorten the filename to firmware.bin before installing.
- UI available here.
- SSH from computer’s CLI:
- Setup password-less SSH once:
ssh-copy-id firstname.lastname@example.org. (This might not work. If so, directly upload your SSH public key from the UI. Also, remove this instruction!)
- Security - WPA2 with AES.
- Set custom DNS server to that of Next DNS: Network -> Interfaces -> WAN/WAN6 -> Edit -> Advanced Settings -> Use custom DNS servers. Once for IPv4 and IPv6 each.
- If one or more WiFi networks die intermittently and you see
deauthenticated due to inactivity error in System Log, follow this guide.
- Essentially, add
option disassoc_low_ack '0' to
config wifi-iface section of the
- Periodically restart the router:
- Add to the bottom:
0 4 * * * reboot.